Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Invasion of the Young's Home!

Anyone who has ever had a conversation with me probably knows I love my nieces. I have four on my side and Rob has four plus one nephew. My nieces and I love to hang out and do all kinds of things. Usually on my trips back to Missouri always includes a movie and some type of shopping. Well, the girls are coming to our house for TWO weeks! Rob and I are extremely excited to host the teenagers but I am a little nervous! The only guest we have had so far in our home overnight is Janel and Liz! Oh and Rob's nieces spent one night and we had Krista for two other nights. So far no one for an extended stay!

When I lived back in Missouri, I was with the girls all the time and when I come back now they pretty much are with us from the time we arrive until we leave. I have to work while they are here but really they wont notice we are gone for too long. They usually sleep until noon. They will have of course three TVs to watch, over 120 movies to pick from, WII to play, the computer and of course, the pool. I hope they can entertain themselves while we are working and not be too bored!

I have started to prepare for the girls to arrive. I have bought fruit gushers , fruit roll ups, pizza rolls, popcorn, chips, cheez its, root beer, Dr Pepper, Cherry Coke and ramen noodles(this is for Jamie). The two guest rooms dresser drawers will have space for their clothes. We have a towel rack thingy on back of the doorin the guest bath for their towels,which was needed. I even bought a new comforter for one of the guest rooms.

I am looking forward to showing them around Wichita and elsewhere. We plan on going to the zoo, see the Keeper of the Plains at night, go to the Cosmophere in Hutch, Watkins park, Derby water park, and of course go to a movie. I am still looking for different things to do with them.

Any suggestions?????

2 comments:

  1. How old are they? There's that waterpark thingy in Riverside park, but they may be too old for that. Or feeding the duckers. You could also go to tanganyika. Before you get to keeper of the plains, you can go find the Wichita Troll. I'll give you specifics if you don't know where it's at. Too bad there's not going to be a Final Friday while they're here. But there will be a Music Monday on the 6th!

    You could also make your own movie instead of watching one! :) Are they as anti-dirt as you are? b/c they could camp out in the backyard and grill s'mores.

    There's also Crown Uptown. I think ticket prices are cheaper now ($10-17?) if you're not doing the dinner buffet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey we are thinking about the Crown Uptown and also we thought of Lake Afton to look at the stars. Frannie will enjoy it! I dont know about Jamoe and Dottie.
    The troll is a must! Rob took me there when we were dating.

    ReplyDelete