Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More PIcs

A few more pictures until I have time to blog. I will post animal pics this weekend and I will blog. Maybe I can sweet talk Rob into blogging also!


This is the bunks in the temporary dorms. The kids were excited to have their very own bed! at the end of each dorm is a toilet and shower. Most of the kids never even had their own mattress and blanket. So this is such a blessing!

Sara grabbed me to give me my ktanga (sp), which is a blanket they wear as a skirt in Kenya. We all received one but Rob and Scott received tunic shirts. We all danced while they put the items on us. It was a very special time!



This is our precious Naomi! She is the child we sponsor at the school in Mabatini! She is 5 years old!






This is the team with Wallace and Mary on the roof of the new dorms at the boarding school in Josca. The students are living in temporary dorms until the new ones are completed. Wallace and Mary are such amazing people! They want to take care of the children in the Mathari Valley. With God and God's people help, they are making sure the kids get out of the slum and receive food, clothing and an education. I believe there are around 550 children living in the temp dorms and loving it!



Stay tuned for more to come!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Heather:  I have been following your blog!  It is a lot to process...we have so much here in the USA...that if people here had to live that way well I can't say the words.  We as a nation should repent for the ways we as a nation have been living.  My boss went on a mission to Zimbabway(sp) last summer and he came back with imagines just like yours.  very heart wrenching!  Just remember that we are all small parts in this world and that it takes all of us working together too TRY and make this a better world to live in.Take care, Lila Woods Seiler

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lila

    Thanks for reading our blog. It is just a crazy way I have learned to process. I agree how we have so much here in the US. Yes, times are hard but nothing like Kenya or other places in the world. I have had a very hard time since we have been back. I see things I want to buy and I think why do I need that.

    BTW- I am trying to blog about Glen Allen but I am having a hard time typing through the tears. Can you believe he has been gone a year?

    ReplyDelete