Tuesday, June 30, 2009

New Law in Kansas

Well be careful if you are driving in Kansas starting July 1. It will be illegal to drive in the passing lane unless you are actually passing a car and unless you are in city limits.

So this morning on my drive to Hutch on K96, I thought I would see how many cars actually follow this rule. There were three trucks/cars that were just driving in the passing lane without passing anyone in a 24 miles stretch. So starting tomorrow they can be ticketed for this.

So here is a fair warning to be careful driving in Kansas in the passing lane!


I usually pray when I am driving but maybe I also need to get a book on CD to distract me from the weird things I see!


Also remember to buckle up, its the law!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for that law. I've found that it's usually the people on cell phones who hang out in that lane. And Marion county drivers. And Oklahomans...

    Here I am saying that I'm so excited, I'm probably next for a ticket! I think they're just giving out warnings for a while though until ppl get used to it. Last time I was on I-135 to Newton, people were mostly in the right lane, surprisingly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to drive in the passing lane. Mostly I just forget to switch back after I've passed someone.

    ReplyDelete