Monday, June 1, 2009

"Give Me Your Eyes"

This morning I was driving to work listening to Brandon Heath. I usually listen to "Give Me Your Eyes" in the mornings to remind me I need to see what God would see. For one second if we could see what God does, I think it would be heart breaking. We would see husbands cheating on their wives ( and vice versa), we would see families falling apart from alcoholism, we would see cancer, we would see children being neglected, we would see people losing everything due to layoff, and we would see murder. Oh... we would see so much more.

I have actually witness some of the items above in the last couple of weeks. I have seen someone I love dearly find out he has cancer at age 19. I know God will take care of him but it is very hard to know his family is going through this storm.

I have seen the tears of a wife after discovering her husband's unfaithfulness. We try to comfort her with words and love but she just feels betrayed, helpless and unworthy right now. We are praying for God to wrap His arms around her during this time.

I have seen alcoholism tear a family apart. But Praise God, I am witnessing God's healing in this situation. I am seeing changes in a life and a family after many years of hurt.

I have seen friends going through the unknown with all the layoffs. We are still praying Cessna doesn't lay off Rob since Cessna continues to have massive layoffs. We know God will provide and He will take care of us.

Wichita saw a murder yesterday in God's house. Even though I do not believe in what Dr Tiller practiced, he did not deserve to be murder brutally. Violence and murder is not the answer for abortion and abortionists. We are praying for his family, friends, and his church.

God is faithful and good. He can help through these difficult times. He can change the heart of the unfaithful husband, He is changing the heart of the alcoholic, He can heal the heart of those hurting.

I pray this week to have God's eyes so maybe I can help someone, it may just be a kind word, a hug, a prayer, or maybe just to listen.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Heather. Even through the negative in the world, we know that God is faithful and good.

    All these situations remind me of the song "Slow Fade" by Casting Crowns.

    I don't have anything too profound to add to your post, just wanted to let you know that I read it and it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amanda! Slow fade is true of all situations. I am just so thankful I can lean on God through the tough times. How do non believers make it through life??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice post, Heather. It reminds me that I wouldn't want God's job, so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Ronnie! I agree, I don't think my heart could take seeing the thimgs of the world. The few things we see are bad enough. I am just thankful God is bigger than any problems!

    ReplyDelete