Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hope

I was listening to the radio this morning. K-Love was playing a song that is not one of my favorites so I decided to channel surfing. I stopped on a talk show. They were discussing how there is no hope in this economy. Then I turn it to the news, nothing positive there either. It made me think, How do people who do not know Jesus survive in this world today? When all they hear is the hopeless and lies all aroung them.

Then a verse I read last week came to mind.
Jeremiah 23:16
This is what the LORD Almighty says: "Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

I see the prophets in the scripture being the news Media, the government and others of the world trying to think things are not going to be better unless we rely on their way. I am relying on the Lord's way. I am not conforming my ways or my beliefs to what anyone else thinks is best for me and my family. God's way then my husband's way with God directing him is what is best for us! I have hope of a better tomorrow. I know one day it will be glorious in Heaven!

There was a time in my life when I strayed from my Christian walk. IT was a very dark period in my life. By the grace of God, I am forgiven and can know there is hope and love. I strive to be a better person but I am human and sometimes fall straight on my face. I do not want to live in the dark ever again. My faith and hope is with Our Lord! Do not let others tell you it is hopeless. There is hope with Jesus!


The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him;
Lamentations 3:25

2 comments: