Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Simple Things in Life

I have realized over the years the simple little things in life makes me happy. One of those things are my nieces. When I know they are happy, it makes me happy. Since we picked them up on Friday, we have been on road most of the time. I have bored Rob and the girls touring the Precious Moments Chapel. Then we went to Tulsa to be with our family on my Dad's side.

Just having them with us has changed my mood in so many ways. They probably think I am cranking when I am telling them to keep there stuff picked up, or hang up your towels, or the one Frannie hates, you need to eat something! We enjoyed our cousin's Mexican food on the 4th and a wonderful breakfast. We have laughed with all my family. Jamie and Dottie played with our 3 year old twins, Sophie and Chloe. They are so adorable! They pretty much latched onto the girls. We all went to the Oklahoma Aquarium. Then back to Kansas.

Just spending time with the girls makes me so happy! Frannie and I made puppy chow but I added a little too much powder sugar! The girls wanted to see my best friend Liz! SO Liz came over for dinner and swimming! Frannie and I froze while we were in the pool. I watched the others play after I got out and it made me realize it is just the little things that makes the girls smile also. I don't have to plan something every day they are here ( even though most days are busy). They just want to have fun with us.

When we went back into the house, we tried to watch a movie. I think Rob and Dottie were trying to watch it but the rest of us were laughing too hard. I finally moved away from them so we could watch the movie but I feel asleep within minutes of sitting still.

I am so blessed to have wonderful nieces! They make my heart smile so much!

Well tonight is zoo night. Sedgwick County Zoo has Twilight Tuesdays and are open until 8:30! We all love zoos!

1 comment: