Thursday, July 23, 2009

Shrimp Pasta

One of my comfort foods is shrimp pasta. It is easy to make and it is just good! I made it last night since I had a horrible headache! The only problem I do not have a recipe, I wing it.

So I will share what I do but it changes every time I make it!

1 bag of Frozen cooked shrimp, pull the tails off
mushrooms
asparagus
small tomatoes
onion
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
a pinch of basil
a pinch of parsley
1/4 c of onion approximate
1/4 c white cooking wine
1/2 c chicken broth or more if you need more sauce
garlic to taste I use the minced garlic most of the time and it is usually two teaspoons
5 tsp butter

I first melt the butter in a large pan. I saute the mushrooms, onions, asparagus, garlic and small tomatoes. Then I add broth and wine and shrimp. let simmer for about 15 minutes while the angel hair pasta is boiling and the bread is baking in the oven.

I sometimes just to mushrooms and onions and garlic too. add whatever you like. the flavor is from the wine and broth and the spices. Veggies are optional. This is a thin sauce. you could thicken it with corn starch. Remember to take some liquid out of the pan into a bowl then add the about a tablespoon of starch to the liquid and whisk it to make it not so lumpy. Then add it back to the pan. This will help with the lumps in the whole sauce.

Have a great day and happy cooking.
Next recipe will be coconut choc chip cookies. I am making this weekend sometime so I will let you know how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment