Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Our First Anniversary Celebration

My wonderful husband treated me to a four day weekend in Chicago! We had such a wonderful time! We went to Adler Planetarium, Shedd's aquarium, Field Museum, Navy Pier, Science and History Museum (the Harry Potter exhibit was there), Willis Tower AKA Sears Tower, Millennium Park and a river Boat Tour. We ate Thai, Chicago Style pizza and Ethiopian food!

Here are a few pics from our adventure!



This is Ethiopian food! you eat this with your fingers using Injera( a flat sour dough type bread). In this pic there is Chicken with a boiled egg, cabbage, gomen (which is the green stuff) beef and a lentil side. You also eat the bottom of the pan which is a large piece of injera! YUMMY!


The bean at Millennium Park!


Rob in front of the Man eaters of Tsavo at the Field Museum. Watch the movie A Ghost in the Darkness and you will know the story of these man eating lions!


Rob and I in front of the Weasley's car from Harry Potter. It was the only thing we could take pictures of from the Harry Potter exhibit at the Science and Industry Museum.


A fountain going over the River from the boat tour!


Rob and I standing in front of the Sun at the planetarium!


103 floors high on the glass sky deck at the Willis Tower (Sears Tower)


Gino's East Pizza ! Need I say more?


Rob acting silly at the Field Museum in front of SUE!


Pic of us on the River Tour!


We did not save our cake top because we ate it on our wedding night. So I made one for my wonderful hubby! IT was strawberry cake with butter cream icing! It was very good!


The weekend of our actually anniversary, we went biking riding and had a picnic. This guy resides in one of the parks by Riverside!


Rob riding in front of me down by the river!


I was so happy we could cross the bridge at the Keeper!


The Keeper of the Plains by the Arkansas River. This is also where Rob proposed to me!

Rob and I enjoyed a wonderful two weekends of celebrating our anniversary. I am so blessed with an God loving, wonderful husband!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures! That one in the Sears Tower is incredibly freaky. You're so high! (It's not the Sears Tower anymore, last I heard. Have they changed the signs at all?). Did you put anything special in the frosting of Rob's cake? :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing special in the frosting! Yes everything has changed to the Willis Tower which is strange. I have a very hard time calling it the Willis tower so does everyone in Chicago!
    They painted all the walls to reference the Willis Tower. I wonder how much it cost to do it!

    ReplyDelete