Friday, December 18, 2009

Third Annual Christmas Baking Day

For three years now, I have had a baking/candy day with some of my girlfriends in our home. I love it! It is one of my most favorite times during the holidays. We laugh and chat all day! We have chocolate everywhere. There is always one or three batched of the bark scorched. I am learning though. I know the times now that makes the bark perfect in the microwave so I am writing it down in my cooking journal!



I think this year was the best year yet! It was so relaxing and things flowed so well. We had more than enough goodies for everyone to have several tins full of the delightful treats! We made caramel pretzels rods drizzled with chocolate, chocolate covered pretzels, peanut butter ritz dipped in chocolate, sugar cookies, oreo balls, snickerdoodles, thin mints, sugar cookies,chocolate spoons, turtles, and peppermint melt cookies. We had chocolate and peppermint everywhere! I monogrammed aprons for everyone. The aprons turned out to be really needed this year!



Angela and Amy making peanut butter ritz dipped in chocolate. (actually Amy put Brett's call down to take this pic)


Mandy, Shawna, Angela, Wendy, Me, Amy, Amanda with a plate of our creations!


Amanda making snicker doodles!


Shawna and Mandy dipping pretzels in caramel. Nicole, Rebecca, and Amanda making thin mints. Wendy smiling for the pic!
Mandy and Shawna icing sugar cookies!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for cookie day! It was so much fun. Thanks for the apron! I used it when I was making party mix over Christmas break.

    ReplyDelete