Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Presents

Last year, I went a little over board on Rob's presents. This year we set a limit on the presents! Well I am over it as usual sorta. I am planning on the gifts I went over to be his Stocking stuffer!! I did something extra to day I hope he likes. I can't say what it is at this time but it is something that he will use daily but also remind him of some of our adventures! Just having Rob as my husband has been such a blessing and a great gift from God!

I love this time of the year! I love the lights on the houses, the church looks amazing, the smell of cookies baking, and the tree all decorated. When I see the bright Christmas lights around town, I think of the wise men following the bright star to see the new born Christ baby! Can you imagine the anticipation they felt knowing an angel told them to follow the star. As kids ( and adults) we are excited to open our presents on Christmas morning. It can not compare to what you would feel seeing baby Jesus in the manager.

So when you open your presents this Christmas, remember the best gift given to us! The birth and death of our saviour Jesus! The toys will break, and the other gifts will be forgotten but the one gift that is everlasting is Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment