Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving week

I have been such a slacker lately on posting. It seems time is something I am always lacking.

Well in the Young's world, things are busy! We spent Thanksgiving in Delaware with Rob's sisters family. It was a wonderful trip and very relaxing. I enjoy being with the Beams. They spoiled us!

Rob and I flew into Baltimore the Friday before Thanksgiving. Well you could say Saturday morning. The Beams picked us up late morning. We went to Fort Mchenry! What an amazing place. That is where Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner! It makes think about the battle that was won there!

Next we were off the the harbor for shopping. It was also a time to build up our appetite for seafood that evening. We went to Woody's Crab House! Wow, the crab cakes were scrumptious. We may have to fly into Baltimore every time we go to see them so I can have more crab cakes. We left there ready to pop! It was a delightful day!

Sunday we went to Longwood Gardens! I want to go back in every season to see God's beauty! The conservatory had amazing flower sculptures and flowers everywhere. I can not describe what all there is to see. It is just amazing!

Monday we had the pleasure of having lunch with our niece at her Thanksgiving luncheon at school! Afterwards, Vickie, Danielle and I went to the nail salon. Vic and I had a relaxing pedicure while little Danielle had a manicure!

Tuesday was shopping day! We shopped so much, we had to borrow another suitcase to bring everything home. Wednesday we baked four pies for Thanksgiving dinner and went shopping again with the whole family! For dinner, we went to a great little Italian restaurant. It was the real deal!

Thursday we stuffed ourselves into a turkey coma. Friday the men got up and did the Black Friday specials while us ladies stayed in bed! Then we had to fly home!

It was sad leaving the family! We love them so much and wish we all lived closer!

December is going to be a very busy month!
Next weekend is the third annual Christmas baking day with a few of my friends! It is a day I look forward to all year. So does Rob! He loves the goodies!
Then the following weekend,we will have Christmas with the Youngs and then off to Missouri for a few days!

Just remember during this busy time, the Reason for the Season is Christ! Remember to reflect on His grace, love and mercy! Be patient with your family, friends and the clerks at the mall. When all is said and done, it is all about the little baby born so long ago who would die for our sins. I am so thankful for Jesus! He loves me no matter what! I do not deserve His unconditional love but isn't it amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Heather you made me homesick for the East Coast. Didn't you love longwood, It is sooo beautiful. Christmas time there is just magical. It is amazing we are so blessed to live in this wonderful word He has created. Have a great Christmas!! Chantel

    ReplyDelete