Monday, December 14, 2009

Disappointments

Last week had to be one of the worst weeks! I will not going into details but it was just a really bad week.

As I was struggling to understand things and why bad things happen to people who love God so much, I decided I can not let this hurt my walk with the Lord. I read my bible alot last week. I kept going to Philippians. I kept saying the Lord doesn't promise us to be happy. Joyful in Him, yes but that doesn't mean we will have an easy life. I am trying to stay positive and not become depressed with our sad news. I keep leaning on God and Rob at this point. Rob is such an amazing husband. He takes wonderful care of me. I have been an emotional roller coaster for the last week. God blessed me with him.

So positive things:
It is almost Christmas! Happy birthday Jesus!
I will get to see my family in 9 days!
Rob and I are definitely closer!
Cookie day was very successful this year! Probably my favorite time yet! ( I will post pics and details this week)
Wonderful friends who have been there for us this last week! You know who your good friends when they can cry with you or sit with you at the hospital. I am so thankful for all the love we have received this last week.
Very thankful for our family!
I am thankful for our bosses! Rob's work was very understanding as well as mine! It is good to know when something happens you know you can take care of things and not have to worry about your job!


I will post pics from cookie day and our Christmas tree this week. Rob and I have been trying to go on a date for two weekends but it didn't happen with the problem we had. This Friday night we will go on a date like we did the first time we went out! Mexican dinner and Christmas lights!

Sorry such a vague post! Not ready to disclose the sadness to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you Heather...it really doesn't matter what has happened. The only important thing that you should concern yourself with is knowing you are not alone and your plate is never full with the Lord! He will never give you more than you can handle! Trust me I know, first hand! I am testimony to that! The entire year of 2008, was just a bit much for me. So keep your head up and let the sun shine on your and Rob's faces!

    Take care and have a wonderful Christmas and New Year! Lila

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so glad you posted this. it is good to be reminded that God is with us in dark hours as well as in light. God bless your time with your family! see you saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you're seeing through the fog with what's going on. And I find it hard to believe that you and Rob can get any closer. You're so lovey already. ;) Praying for you both.

    I wanna see cookie pics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike- God's light shines the strongest in our dark times but sometimes we somehow chose to not see it!

    Amanda- Cookie post will be up tomorrow night. It is all typed up and ready to post just need Hubby to upload pics for me! We have LG tonight so Rob wont have time to do it. I didnt know we could become so close either. Different level of clloseness now.

    Thanks for all the prayers. Keep praying because we are still struggling.

    ReplyDelete