Friday, May 8, 2009

God is Good!

At 3:57am today, the hail began hitting the windows so hard, I thought they were going to break. The winds started to pick up about 4:36am. I could not sleep and I was restless. I kept listening for the tornado sirens to go off. This is Kansas and we do have a few tornadoes every now and then. I was upset it was storming. I just wanted to go back to sleep. When I finally went back to sleep, the alarm went off.



So today I am dragging and a little cranky. Just rather be in bed than working. When I was out at lunch, the weather was beautiful. Not 5 hours ago, it was hailing, wind was blowing and really stormy. But the sun was shining now and it was warm. I felt better with the warm sun beaming on me.


It made me think about the past couple of weeks. I have been worried about something. I know, we are not suppose to worry but pray. Trust me, I have been praying for two major things the last three weeks. I decided earlier in the week I have to leave it at the cross and not pick it back up. I did finally let it go. One of those prayers was answered on Tuesday, the other was answered at 11:40 am today. PTL!



Worry is like a bad thunderstorm with straight line winds. The hail and winds destroy things in its path. Worry ,little but little, destroys your walk with God. Worry makes you doubt and lose faith. God is there even in the storms and He will take care of you. When you let go of your fears and stop worrying, its like the warm Son around you. There will always be storms and winds but if you keep looking at the Son, you can get through it!



Thank the Lord for answered prayers! God is good all the time!











No comments:

Post a Comment