Monday, May 24, 2010

Projects ect.....

I have way too many projects going but some are slowly being completed.

My sewing is at a halt at the moment. My sewing machine decided it needed a vacation! It quit on me and now I have to figure out what to do! I think it is an easy repair but I have to find out soon!

I am also learning croqueting. I have a long chain going. I just have to have Kathryn help me to do turns! I want to make a blanket! Or even a pot holder at this point would make me happy!

The garden is doing well! The weeds have decided to pay a visit to the flower garden. I will have to send them away soon! We have planted 12 apricot carpet rose bushes several weeks ago. They have had a few blooms already. One did bite the dust, literally! The winds in Kansas killed it! It had a dust several around it and it was gone!

The basement is really coming along! Rob did an amazing job on the lights! Insulation is what is about to be in progress now. The trip to Missouri threw us off a little! I need to start thinking about colors of paint. Picking out paint will not be a fun job for me.

The patio is what I want done before the end of summer. I have asked for a fire pit for my birthday.(my bday is in July) We are putting a patio at the bottom of our deck stairs which shouldn't take us but a weekend to do it. The problem is finding a weekend to do the project!

I also plan on making a cookbook. Yesterday I searched high and low for my favorite pizza recipe. I never found it but it has made me realize I have favorite recipes I need to put into one place. I recently did a cookbook binder for a friend's wedding present. I put around 40 of my favorite recipes in it. I think I am going to type all my recipes up and make a book out of it. It is something I have wanted to do for a very long time.

We have several trips this summer starting with this weekend. We are going to Oregon, New York City, and a trip to Sikeston for my 20 year reunion. We are also planning a trip for our 2nd wedding anniversary but really haven't decided what to do!

I think I will not have time for anything else this summer if I only work on the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment