Friday, May 28, 2010

Memorial Day

This weekend people will be on the lake, having cook outs, and just celebrating a long weekend. We will also be celebrating at the lake with friends. Please reflect on the meaning of this weekend.So many of our country's heros have lost their loved ones so we can have our freedom. So many families have lost their dad, mom, brother, sister, uncle, grandpa ect fighting for all of us.

The Memorial Day before Rob and I were married, we visited his sister in Delaware. We went to DC one of the days we were there. One of the most memorable things of the whole weekend for me was finding my Uncle Carl Mays' name on the Wall. Even though I never had the opportunity to meet him, he was my dad' baby brother. It hit hard seeing all those names on the wall.

So remember those who have fallen for our country. Pray for the families of the fallen, of the ones serving and pray hard for our country!

No comments:

Post a Comment