Monday, May 24, 2010

May almost over, how did that happen???

Time is flying by. May is almost over and summer is around the corner.

Last week, Rob and I made the long trip to Missouri. My dad's lady friend of 11 years passed away. Ms.Eula has been apart of our family. It is was such a sad trip. My dad will miss her so much. I think about their routine and how much time they spent each day together. My heart is broken thinking of the pain my dad must feel right now. I praise God though in this sad time, I will see Ms Eula again in Heaven!

While we were home for the funeral, Molly Claire turned 9! I can not believe my brother's little girl is already 9. We had an ice cream cake at dad's Friday night. All the nieces stayed with us at Papa's. It was a nice distraction. We painted finger nails and played Wii. I just enjoy being around the girls!

We came back on Saturday so Rob and I could rest up a little on Sunday. I was so lazy on Sunday. I did make one new recipe yesterday. Rob and I have had a cold since we were in Missouri. Tomato soup sounded so good to me yesterday. I found an easy recipe while I was hunting for my pizza recipe. It is one can of diced tomatoes, one package of cream cheese, 2 cups of milk, a little salt and pepper. It calls for basil but I used the Italian diced tomatoes. Throw it in a blender until creamy then heat on the stove. It was so yummy!!! I had some more for lunch! It reheats rather well!


Our garden is looking rather lovely! We have onions peaking up, garlic has popped up, carrots are barely up but they are growing.Our peppers and tomatoes are doing great! Our rose bushes are bursting with blooms! Even my calla lilies are starting to bloom. It's exciting to watch everything grow. I can not wait to make salsa from our garden!

This weekend is Memorial day! We are heading out of town with some friends! It will be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment