Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life without Facebook

I gave up Facebook for Lent. I have never giving anything up for lent before. I decided to do give it up since it is an addiction. I used to be on FB constantly. I started to realize I wasted too much time on it. I can figure out what the appeal of FB is really. So you keep up with everyone moves or comments about their workouts or their eating habits. I think we have way too much time on our hands people.

I have been trying to spend time doing other things. But now I think I am addict to the news channels. I think this addiction is depressing! All you see are the bad things in the world today. Why can't we have one channel with rainbow stories and happy endings for once!

I think the only thing I am missing right now is the communication with some of my family like my cousins and aunts on FB. I really do not need to know about their shopping trips, how many people are pregnant and who is getting divorced. So after Lent, I will definitely spend less and less time on FB.

OK now I am off my soapbox. I will eventually post all the great pics from February. But again that requires me to go to the basement and upload pictures. The basement is a dangerous place right now. The guys are slinging hammers and using staple guns. Not a safe place for me to be uploading pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment