Monday, January 23, 2012

Really, I am back!

Wow, it has been forever since I have blogged. I thought I would blog weekly on the updates of my pregnancy and once Zeke arrived post pics weekly. My pregnancy was not the easiest with the gestational diabetes and morning sickness the entire eight and half months. I didn't realize how sleep deprived we would be once he arrived. So I will play a little catch up then try to post more.



Ezekiel Allen Young arrived 11/1111 @ 7:11am. He weighed 7 lbs 14 oz and was 20 inches. He stole our hearts the first moment we saw him. I had the best experience at Wesley Hospital. My dear sweet friend, Kathryn Curtis, was my nurse. She made the whole experience extra special. Kat was one of the very few who knew his name before birth!

We walked into the room to prepare at 5am. Kathryn croqueted him a blanket and had it on the bed.



The entire pregnancy we called him Little Dude.



Kat opened the bible to Ezekiel 11 and wrote on the white board.

The only strange thing when one of your closest friends is your nurse is she has to catheterize you and she knows your weight!!!

Oh I forgot to mentioned I had Bell's palsy also. It hit me the Saturday before Zeke's arrival and did not leave me until mid December. I still have some issues with it.

So here is a pic of Kat and I pre c section and my horrible smile.


Our anesthesiologist rocked. He made me feel so comfortable and explained everything going on during the c section. Once Zeke cried, I was relieved. But before he did I hear this gasp from the nurses. Then saying "Look at all that hair". Dr Kaufman put Zeke over the curtain for me to see my precious boy. I fell in love at first sight. He is beautiful!

Rob was amazing the whole time we were in the hospital. He took care of Zeke's diapers and took care of me. We had tons of visitors. I would post all the pics of the peole who came to meet Zeke but it would take me all day.




Well this at least catches up on the arrival of Zeke. I will post his weekly pics on the next entry.

Here is a couple of more pics of our Little Dude.





No comments:

Post a Comment