Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Thankful forThanksgiving

The last year and half I have watched my friends become pregnant. I have made burps cloths and baby blankets. When making the blankets I would shed a few tears, wishing Rob and I would be blessed with a child. I have prayed for these babies to arrive. Their parents had issues getting pregnant like we have had. I watched these little miracles grow in their mommies and now growing up to have the cutest persoalities. I love them all. Still my heart longed for a baby of our own.

Every night, Rob and I would pray for a child. I would read about Hannah and feel her pain month after month. Wondering if we would every have a child. I wanted to experience being a mommy.At one point last fall I remember being bitter with God. Mad because I wasnt pregnant. One DAI read Cololossians 3:2 set your heart on things above, not on earthy things. Granted I still wanted a baby more than anything, I decided it was time to set my eyes on God more.

October came and I had surgery that my help me become pregnant. January and February came still not pregnant. MArch came in and I told Rob it wouldnt be this month either.I knew in my heart not to think it would happen.

Funny how God has a way to show us He is in control. I just knew we were going to have another disappointing month. I remember praying to God, and reading Psalms 37:4 Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. I finally prayed it was His will because I couldn't handle the disappointment anymore.

God saw the desires of our hearts. We are expecting a baby in November. What another blessing to be thankful for this Thanksgiving. Everytime morning sickness hits me, I praise God! Everytime I wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, I praise God. All the things I have heard women complain about, I praise GOD! He has given us this baby! When we heard the heartbeat for the first time, it was like angel's singing to me. I am so grantful for this pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment